Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Texas Tour

Center of Attention
Time to eat
The Muellers and La Bistro
The Atkins
Heather
Hudsons and Gentrys
The Bracks and Gentrys
Amarillo Friends

The Austins
Old Friends
Yummy

There were so many pictures and I couldn't put them all up. There were some of our friends that I did not get a picture of and I am sorry not to have gotten one. A lot of them are on my Facebook page though.

How do I describe this trip? Maybe the word joyous would sum it up. Seeing so many old friends, Mark getting to say good by to people we love and that love us, seeing the body of Christ work together... I was reminded once again of His great love and the huge blessing that He has poured out on us by giving us such amazing and loving friends. All that will remain in the end is His word and people- and we know some great ones.

I am just to thankful to each one that showed up to spend a little time with us. We got to visit all the places that God has led us over the last 35+ years, from high school buddies in Wichita Falls and Henrietta, to Amarillo, the Mid Cities and Tyler. There was great joy, laughter and a few tears as we talked of our shared history and the future. What a blessing to see old and dear YL club kids (who by the way are not kids anymore!), family, high school and work friends, neighbors and brothers and sisters from former churches and Young Life. It was truly a gift to be able to make the trip and will bring a smile to my face every time I remember this Thanksgiving.

Oh, and that last picture- probably the best dessert ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment