Friday, June 5, 2009

Malibu Club - British Columbia

Malibu Club

Well, tomorrow is the day that we take off for Malibu and today is the day that I am trying figure out - if all my stuff will fit in my suitcase and still be under 50 lbs., if I am going to be able to make it all week with my newly found disc problems in my back and if I can groom Toby before I go!!!

It is with some trepidation that I think about this next week. I have been in a lot of pain the last two days and have truly wondered if I could really do this. Today has been somewhat better and I am encouraged at the moment. I know that I won't be able to do a lot at camp but I am hoping that I can just be with the girls and have some great talks and times together. I have never gone into camp injured - only come back that way!

It certainly is a blow to my ego and pride that I won't be able to do what everyone else can. And for those of you who know me very well, you know that I am just a tad competitive! I know that God is going to use this for my good and for His glory. I may not like it but it is His best for me. Let us hope that I will bring glory to Him this week and that others will be drawn to Him through my weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment