Monday, February 15, 2010

A Perfect Valentine

Beautiful Table

Chef Melissa


Sweetheart Steaks


Yummy Food

It has been awhile since I have posted anything and this seemed a wonderful way to start again. One of the leaders in our Young Life club, Kristi, got together with my campaigner girls and it was decided that they would have a personal chef treat us for Valentines Day.

Wow! Could there be anything better or make you feel more special and pampered than having a sweet, loving and competent chef come to your home and prepare delicious and beautiful food, serve you and your good friends Mary and Dave Carlson at your own table and clean up the mess afterwards??? Chef Melissa could you come live with us and cook our meals?

It was all perfect and as I wrote on the caringbridge site, God in His wisdom and goodness, sent a chef that had lost her husband 8 years ago. We got to talk while she was preparing the food (she was here from 2 until about 7) and really had some great conversation about a lot of things during that time. As she was leaving, she gave me her card, hugged me and said, "You can do this, call me anytime if you want to walk, talk,...".

I am continually amazed at how God orchestrates all the details in our lives. Kristi, the YL leader that had found Chef Melissa, had told me that she had emailed several possibilities but had gotten an email from Melissa and knew that she was the one. I had supposed that the connection was Young Life but was so glad to have someone that knows where I am right now and where I will be. It was such a perfect gift and we are very grateful and loved every minute of it.

Grace - getting what we don't deserve. I am always amazed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment