Thursday, August 16, 2012

A New Chapter



For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

Change is actually not one of my favorite things but once again life is taking another turn.  As the summer comes to an end so does my time with Young Life for now and my time with this amazing group of girls that God has blessed me with for the last four years.  It hasn’t really hit me yet what life will be like without Young Life club on Monday nights, campaigners on Wednesdays, Grilled cheese on Thursdays, football, volleyball, basketball, leadership time and camps.  My life for the last 40+ years has centered on the school calendar and all that entails.  But, the Lord has definitely said that it is time for a break and right now there is peace in that decision. 

What that will look like is a whole other story!  I am just waiting and resting in the knowledge of His perfect love and plan for me.  In some ways it is exciting because the possibilities are numerous but in other ways it is certainly scary not to know what is ahead.

These precious young women and I have been saying good bye now for several months as we have prepared for their leaving for college.  The summer is always tricky in planning for campaigners but this summer we have been able to meet on a regular basis.  They have been coming by the house the last few days to say our last good- byes and to get in a few more hugs and tears.  We all decided to write letters to each other and those have been completed and they are dropping those off as well.  It has been a humbling experience to see what God has done in their lives over the last four years and to have had the privilege of being a part of His plan for each of them.  There are no words, actually, to describe how God has worked in this group and drawn us all together in a body of believers that has loved, forgiven, shown grace and encouraged one another.  I will be eternally grateful for my time with them.

I am hoping to use this blog as a way to connect with them as they are away and a way to begin writing again about what the Lord is doing in my life and what He is showing me about Himself.  I have missed the caring bridge page and hope that I can use this page to encourage these friends and whoever else happens on this journal. 

I will close with a quote from Winnie the Pooh that Lauren included in her letter to me.  Thanks,  Lauren.

How Lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment