Friday, January 16, 2009

A beautiful gift


As I wrote on Caringbridge today, sometime God does surprise us and show His love to us through others in ways we don't even expect. I wanted to add to the information about the quilt that my neighbor Alicia made and hopefully get a picture of it so you can see how beautiful it is. Isn't it incredible? Each square and star and design symbolizes something special about our family. The colors for our times in Lake, City, the squares for Mark's life, the bear for his battle with cancer, and more. A true gift of the heart that we will cherish for years to come.

Just so you know, this is the same neighbor that makes wonderful pumpkin rolls and brings them to us, takes care of Toby even when having serious intestinal problems, whose husband and kids help clear our driveway when we are gone and generally is an amazing person all around.

As I was trying to get this post done, my friend Karen called and asked me why I didn't have information about me on the blog. I had erased anything that might point to me since I do think pride is one of my most difficult sins that I have to deal with. She did point out, being the blog guru, that I should add something about myself for people who may read this and not know who in the world I am. So, Karen, noted and changed. Thanks for the input. It was really funny to me that I had just clicked "enter" for caringbridge and she called. I hadn't even had time to post on my blog yet!
This works way faster than I thought.

I continue to read When God Weeps and hope that it will be something that will encourage and bless your life also. Joni's life speaks volumes about living with grace in the midst of suffering. I just pray that God will be glorified in what I do and say no matter what the circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment